Tuesday 29 September 2015

Dream - Jacqueline Moore - Mood Board inspiration

There are still two days to get your entry in for the Mood Board this month.
Have a look at what Jacqueline has created to inspire you.



Hey Dusty Attic fans!!! I hope you are all well? 
Today I would like to share with you my take on this month's moodboard. I had so much fun fun with this and love how it turned out. I hope I can inspire you to pull out your stash of Dusty Attic and give our moodboard a go, you only have a few days left, and remember there is a $100 voucher to the Dusty Attic store up for grabs!!

September Moodboard:



I have a lot of trouble combining colors, such as Pink and Blue, that are just so opposite each other. I can just never make it work!!! So today I decided I would just take those pretty Pink, and Purplish tones from the moodboard and see how I went. I also added in touches of Yellow and Gold.

'Big Dream'


I have decided to layer all three of the String Frames Small across the page, beginning with the smallest on the left, the largest in the middle behind the photo, and the middle sized one to the right. I have simply given them a quick coat of gesso then brushed a very thin layer of white SPLASH! Ink over the top to make them more 'White'.

Some Details:


I painted all the leaves from Foliage #4 with 13 Arts SPLASH! Ink in Gold. 
 The Heart Attack panel Small has been painted with White SPLASH! Ink before being cut into smaller pieces.
 

I absolutely love all the new arrow/feather chippies from Dusty Attic!! This one has been painted using a variety of paints from 13 Arts, Viva Decor, and Luminarte Twinkling H20's. I have wrapped some sparkling thread around it to add a little extra detail.

  
The Mini Hearts #2 have also been painted with a very thick layer of Gold SPLASH! Ink. then scattered around the page.


I have taken the smaller of the Vine Frames #1 and cut it into smaller pieces creating little leafy stems. I have then painted them with a thick layer of Viva Decor Maya Paints in Vintage Gold. The color came out quite Yellowish and I didn't much like it, so while it was still wet I took a baby wiped and rubbed the paint away...... I was left with is a softer glittery Gold with Silvery Highlights...... 


I was left with is a softer glittery Gold with Silvery Highlights...... 


All the chipboard leaves and Foliage have been placed around the layout tucked in here and there among my flower clusters and layers.


I hope you like what I have created and are inspired to grab out some Dusty Attic chippies and give our moodboard a go!! Remember there is only a few days left in which you can enter!!

Thanks for stopping by!!!! 



2 comments:

  1. This is sensational Jacqueline! I love all your tips and tricks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a breathtakingly beautiful layout! Love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete