Wednesday 25 March 2015

Three Boys Surfing - Lizzy Hill

Hello there, Dusty Attic fans!
Today I'm using one of the pages I created when doing this post HERE.
For the photo I wanted to use, this was a bit strong. So Gesso came out to play!
Then, I worked out where I wanted said photo to 'sit'. Do you scrap that way? I often slide my photos around the page. Then usually pencil off the area, so I don't waste 'making it pretty' where it won't be seen.
I used LOTS of DUSTY ATTIC PAINTS on my background. The really neat thing about the containers is that you can squirt them out. OR unscrew the whole top.
   Image 1    Image 1     Image 1  
Often I'll squirt out too much paint. But these make it easy-peasy to scrape the paint back into them again. No waste!

 The ARROWS #1 pack have been painted as have the MINI SEAGULLS - all with DA paints. That lovely grey-blue 'drop' is NAIL POLISH! Loooove that stuff. Replaces enamel dots beautifully *winks*!!
 Naturally. The day you got married. You surfed. Didn't you????!!!!!!!!
 I figured since this was a boy page, I could sneak in some of the lovely SPARK PLUGS, alongside the LIGHTHOUSE.
 Of course, the SEAGULLS are there watching the surfers. Thinking they'll have hot chips to share, no doubt!! Once again, painted with DA paints!
 I had been 'saving' these STRING FRAMES. They are my ABSOLUTE FAVE DA product. They worked sooo well, given a coat of SILVER DA paint.....
And I used the PEACE from the WORD PACK #5. Painted & outlined.....you've been very patient! Here's my whole page:
So there you have it! DUSTY ATTIC chippies ROCK. I've hardly needed to use anything else on this page!
They're available ONLINE HERE...... don't forget our MARCH CHALLENGE, either!
2015 TEAMS: DUSTY ATTIC
As always ~ happy scrapping ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

2 comments:

  1. And this layout Rocks even more!! What a fabulous page Lizzy, great photo and love it framed by the circle frame, love the light house and sea gulls.. and fantastic back ground details too.. love this one.. and Happy hump day.. can you believe it?? slow down the days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely adore the background, it so suits the layout. So brave to start a page swirling paint on like that, and hoping it all works out. I LOVE it though. Great work.

    ReplyDelete