Friday 13 September 2013

A Simple Walk - Geraldine (plus a paper weaving tutorial)

 
 Hi there everyone! 
 It's my turn today, Geraldine' here to share with you my layout....
'a simple walk' 
using Dusty Attic chipboard, Dusty Blooms and Dusty Roses.  
This is a layout of my Daughter Mackenna and son Tarquinn.
I love this picture because normally it's so hard to get them together
 and thanks to a persistent photographer who said
 'it's just a simple walk to the waters edge'.......they had no choice!





Dusty Attic Products:

 


Flower Layers #4 large

Other: Tim Holtz Crackle paint, 7 gypsies Tissue paper, Prima paper and stitch stamp.

 

**Background Paper weaving Tutorial**

You need - 2 pieces of paper - preferably the same, 1 piece of cardstock and Edge Distresser.

You can either weave paper straight or on an angle and any thickness that you choose -here I have chosen 2inch thick strips and angled.
I like to have a piece of cardstock as base so that I don't lose my 12x12 square.
You cut one sheet of paper- (sheet A) from Right top to Left bottom and the other (sheet B) in reverse- Left top to Right Bottom.
**Distress each edge if you want a prominent and obvious weave.**
Start by taping (A) top corner strip down and then place (B) opposite strip on top of this corner.
You then continue to alternate between the two sheets weaving and overlapping each strip until both sheets are together to form one 12x12 page.
It's time consuming but well worth the effect!
Till next time. enjoy the blog!.....G.


1 comment:

  1. I really like the effect of your paper weaving on the diagonal - thanks for the inspiration and the hints on how-to

    ReplyDelete